Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Product Find

I'm almost out of cleanser (this is my current favorite), so, despite the fact that Big Lots almost never has cleanser in stock, I went there in search of some good stuff cheap. As usual, they had almost nothing, but I did find these, Epielle Cucumber Cleansing Tissues. I've never heard of Epielle products, but at $1.00 a pack, I couldn't pass them up. I decided to splurge, and I bought two packs. I know! Living on the edge, I am.

The good stuff: They're pretty great. They're not flimsy, they remove grime and make-up, and they smell nice and fresh. My face feels clean after I use one, and my skin stays damp long enough to apply moisturizer, so they sort of double as a toner. They're not messy, which beats the hell out of having water running down your arms while you're trying to wash your face at a too-small sink.

The downside: They're a one-shot and throw-out product, so they're not environmentally friendly. They're also a little rough, which is good for mild exfoliation, but I don't think anyone needs to exfoliate every day. And, at the full price of $15.85 for a pack of 30, they're not cheap. I usually buy 2-3 bottles of the Aveeno cleanser a year, at around &7.50/bottle. Big difference in yearly cost, don't you think?

Other uses: They're very nice for cooling off when it's hot. Use one on your neck and you'll feel better for a little while.

They're also good if you don't want to take a shower but do want to reapply deodorant. Again, they clean nicely, but it takes forever for your skin to dry. After using one, I tweezed my eyebrows and brushed my teeth, and my underarms were still a bit damp. It's a good feature if you want to moisturize your face, but bad if you want to apply deodorant.

The Verdict: When I have a few minutes, I'll go back to Big Lots to get more. They're great for occasional use, and a god send for travel. I would never pay full price for them, but they're definitely worth a $1.00 a pack. For regular cleansing, I'm going back to Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but if you care so much about the tissues' environmental friendliness, how can you be OK with using them to "cool off for a little while"?

    Doesn't add up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do work better than a cool, wet washcloth, but point taken Heff.

    ReplyDelete